Level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders (new specification for 2018)
Cost: £885 including certification and registration
Autumn 2018 ~ North Devon : This course takes place on the following 10 Tuesdays at Tapeley Park near Instow.
2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th October
6th, 13th, 20th, 27th November
4th, 11th December
Spring 2019 – South Devon : This course takes place on the following Fridays at Grammarcombe Woods, Ashcombe, Near Exeter.
8th, 15th, 22nd March
5th and 26th April
3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st May.
This course is designed to meet the needs of teachers, teaching assistants, early years educators, youth workers and other professionals in training to be a Forest School Leader. It will enable you to gain a deep understanding of the Forest School approach to learning in addition to the skills and knowledge needed to plan effectively and lead groups in a safe and responsive way through long-term programmes. The training consists of a mix of taught theory and practical elements as well as coursework to be completed during and after the initial taught contact time. You will complete the following units during this course:
- Forest School Programme Delivery – this will involve planning, leading and evaluating a pilot programme of at least 6 sessions with your own client group
- Forest School Practical Skills
- Forest School and the Woodland Environment
- Learning and Development at Forest School
- Planning and preparation of Forest School.
The courses takes place from 09.30 to 16.30 on the dates advertised. Attendance on all days is essential. Applicants should be aware that a significant time commitment is required to engage in around 110 hours of additional self study. This is well supported by extensive resources in a dedicated digital learning environment which you will be able to access once enrolled. Tutorial support is available as needed, either in person, by email or telephone. To complete the course you will need to hold or gain a 2 day certificate in outdoor first aid, relevant to the role of a Forest School practitioner. This is not included in the price of the course but reputable first-aid training providers can be recommended. Participants are expected to submit completed portfolios of work within 10 months of the date of enrollment.
- Age 21 years or over
- Have a relevant level 3 or above qualification (NNEB, Teacher, Play Worker, Youth Worker) OR a portfolio of at least 2 years experience of working with children / young people in a leadership capacity.
- Have considerable experience of working with young people.
- Before leading sessions, participants must ensure that they have a valid DBS check, first aid provision and appropriate insurance and site permission
To book a place please download, complete and return a booking form with a deposit.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the training before booking, please feel free to contact me.
High quality, supportive Forest School Training is important to me and I would urge anyone considering this course to do some research and ask prospective trainers these questions suggested by the Forest School Association