New to Forest School? Click here to read all about it.
I trained as a Forest School Practitioner in 2005 with Gordon Woodall and Simon Shakespeare at Bicton College in Devon. Since then I have continously been running Forest School programmes including 4 days a week of whole school provision for 2 years at Appledore Primary School. I usually work with mainstream primary schools in North Devon and Torridge, however I also offer programmes for pre-schools and nurseries as well as for older children in specialist provision, for example with emotional and behavioural issues.
Why choose me to lead your Forest School programme?
- I have 10 years experience of planning, leading and evaluating Forest School and over 20 years experience in other areas of outdoor learning.
- I am a qualified teacher.
- I will work with school staff to devise a bespoke programme that meets the needs of your children and your school or setting.
- My Forest School programmes are not tied to one particular site which means that I can try and find a suitable site near your school to limit travel time and cost. I believe that the right woodland setting is a vital ingredient for successful Forest School and I can access a large number of sites across Northern, Western and Mid Devon as well as North Cornwall.
- I am a member of the Forest School Association and am committed to the principles and criteria for good practice as agreed by the wider Forest School community.
- I keep up to date with current practice and theory in Outdoor Learning through regular professional development activity and involvement with Forest Education on a national level.