Integrating and embedding Outdoor Leaning across your school involves understanding and buy in from the whole staff from administrators,teachers, teaching support, catering, cleaning and caretaking staff. One proven way to achieve this is through a shared outdoor experience with a shared focus on the practice of outdoor learning and reasons why it can increase pupil engagement and attainment.
I have helped several schools and Local Learning Communities on this journey with whole school INSET days as well as targeted development for key staff. As always, my training days are bespoke to your needs and in the past have had a range of themes such as:
- Integrating Outdoor Learning across the whole curriculum.
- Termly curriculum planning with year group / Key stage teams.
- Forest School taster sessions
- Forest School leaders skills and activity development.
- School grounds / Forest School site development and risk benefit assessment.
Recent clients have included:
- Chulmleigh Local Learning Community
- Barnstaple Local Learning Community
- Ilfracombe Infants School
- Appledore Primary School
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
- Mount Tamar School
- Forest Education Network
To discuss your requirements and likely costs, please contact me at learning AT richardirvine.co.uk
I have lived and travelled extensively in Central and Eastern Europe and have a strong affinity with the region. I have worked as a trainer on Training courses run by Youth and Environment Europe in Poland in 2010 and Serbia in 2014. You can read full course write ups and view galleries on the YEE! website. If you are developing an Erasmus Plus application for a training course, seminar or study tour on the theme of outdoor learning, environmental education or experiential learning, I may be able to help.